Feb 11, 2005

unsung heroes

The other day, when TKID2 was parking his little sissy Toyota Tercel (it's red), he tapped the bumper of a mercedes - a slick ride indeed. While looking around in panic to see if anyone witnessed the minor collision, my fear was stoked by a bumper sticker I glimpsed on the Mercedes that read "licensed terrorist hunter." Fortunately, the owner wasn't around, so I was spared the inevitable ass-whupping from the tough guy who owned the Mercedes. It got me to thinking, however, if there are genuine terrorist hunters - real American heroes - living, driving and surviving in my rundown neighborhood, are they getting the thanks they deserve? I've never been attacked by a terrorist, and I probably have this guy to thank. What do I do in return? Nothing, other than bump his car.

Today, TKID2 will tilt his glass in a toast to these unnamed, gallant heroes. Bravo, I say. So too to the brave, and equally faceless bloggers who everyday fight for our rights as consumers of unfiltered news. For example, soldier/blogger Kevin Craver at Rathergate.com - whom I like to refer to as "Gunny" - who spends several minutes each day brilliantly documenting the sins of left wing bureaucrats at CNN and CBS, what thanks does he get? Again, nothing, other than a few pats on the back in the comments section of his blog. That's flat-out wrong. Gunny Craver is a grunt in the front lines of a desperate battle for nothing less than the American way of life. To right this wrong, TKID2 is taking up a collection. Please send your credit card number to our CFO, David Lopan, at david_lopan@hotmail.com, and we'll see to it that Craver and other real American blog heroes get the reward they deserve for their endless toils.