Feb 8, 2005

Army girls gone wild

By now, most everybody has heard about the pics the New York Daily News ran of the mudwrestling party thrown by U.S. troops at Camp Bucca, a prison camp in Southern Iraq at which four Iraqi detainees were recently shot to death in a riot. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4244421.stm

The saucy mud tussle, which featured thong and bra clad Army babes, reminds TKID4 of that great mudwrestling scene in "Stripes." Needless to say, we here at TKid's Blog wholeheartedly approve of this sort of exhuberance among our fighting women (not so much among our fighting men).

However, the mudwrestling bash raises concerns about the recent tough-guy talk by Gen. James Mattis (featured earlier on this site), who said he enjoys shooting people and "brawling." We worry, is this the sort of brawling Gen. Mattis loves? We hate to picture the wrinkled general rolling around in a g-string.

On a related note, one of our fellow blogs, the liberal-media bias bashers at www.rathergate.com, brilliantly stepped-up to defend Gen. Mattis. http://www.rathergate.com/index.php?p=552

Here's some of what they had to say:

"For the record, this soldier stands with Gen. James Mattis – if I am in a war zone and some Afghan wife-beater or a member of the Taliban’s misogynistic 'morality police' try to take me out, I too would take pleasure in popping them a new navel right between the eyes.

Any MSM journalist who would not feel some sense of justice or pleasure killing, say, one of the animals who declared war on this nation on Sept. 11, 2001, is beneath my contempt.

Sorry I’m in such an ass-kicking mood. I’ve been training all day today on weapons systems – the .50-caliber machine gun, squad automatic weapon, M9 pistol, Mk19 automatic grenade launcher – and it’s not even noon. This afternoon I certify on calling in artillery fire. Yeah!!

Gen. Mattis, if you want an embedded journalist who isn’t a dumbass, give me a call."

I found these brave words not only inspiring, but breathtakingly eloquent. In fact, I'm so proud reading this passage that I'm currently shedding tears onto my keyboard. We're with you. Go get 'em! Here's to spreading liberty and freedom and the American Way! And if they won't take it, third-eye them! HooAhhhahh!